Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Boosting 5-Minute Facial is an enzyme and Lactic acid based mask combined with a ceramide triple complex replenishing serum that helps one to achieve a spa facial glow at home.
I applied the self-foaming mask onto my dry uncleansed skin, the product then begins to form a foam which draws out impurities and has enzymatic exfoliater to dissolve surface skin clogging impurities and prime the skin. It tingled A LOT, it didn’t burn or feel uncomfortable but it did tingle as the foam formed. One should leave the mask on for around 2 minutes to allow it to work.
The self-foaming mask contains the following good stuff..
- Lactic Acid & Protease Enzyme— a combination of alpha hydroxyl acids and an active enzyme that gently exfoliates and dissolves skin-clogging impurities.
- Botanical Extracts—a blend of bilberry, sugar cane, sugar maple, orange, and lemon botanical extracts, which all contain naturally occurring alpha hydroxy acids to help exfoliate skin.
- Targeted Peptide—a detoxifying peptide that helps reduce protein build-up and prime skin for optimum treatment.
- Glycerin—a humectant that imparts skin with long-lasting moisture.
The next step is to apply the serum which features a deeply replenishing, targeted complex of ceramides 1,3 and 6 as well as soothing agents to calm the skin and help promote the skin’s natural ceramides. My skin feels amazingly soft and glows like crazy after using this duo. To say I am obsessed with this facial is an understatement. It really is that incredible.
In the Replenishing Serum:
- Ceramide Triple Complex—a targeted blend of Ceramides 1, 3, and 6 that helps to restore the protective barrier function of the skin and stimulate new ceramide production.
- Retinyl Linoleate—a Vitamin A derivative that gently and effectively re-texturizes the skin, smoothes the look of fine lines and wrinkles, increases skin firmness and improves tone.
- Red Algae Extract—a marine botanical that helps reduce the look of dark spots on skin and increases skin’s brightness.
- Rice Kefiran and Aloe Vera Gel—an anti-inflammatory duo that soothes, calms and helps heal the skin.
- Tropical Fruit Extracts—a natural extract blend that works together to help plump the look of skin and boost firmness.
- Optical Enhancers—a blend of Mica, silicone, silica and pearlescent pigments that provide a soft focus effect, blurring fine lines and wrinkles. Skin appears instantly brighter and refreshed.
- Glycerin, DL-Panthenol, Sucrose—a humectant blend that helps to support moisture retention in the skin.
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Boosting 5-Minute Facial retails for R795 and is available from this month in Edgars, Truworths, Foschini and Woolworths department stores nationwide.